Music IS probably the biggest part of most weddings, and if you’ve already started planning one, don’t be overwhelmed! It really is fun to select music!!
- Cocktail hour music: If you choose to host a cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception, it’s good to have a playlist or genre you like. The music should be low-key but convivial – folks do enjoy chatting- seeing family members and enjoying the food. Here at The Funktion band- a keyboardist or guitarist is included with every package.
- Reception entrance:This is a song to mark your big entrance into the reception, usually with the wedding party in tow. It should be celebratory, not unlike the recessional song, and it’s a good chance to set the tone for the party. If you want to introduce your wedding party first, you’ll also need a separate song for them. NOTHING beats Upbeat music – spontaneous with good live energy!!
- The first dance:Yes, everyone knows they need a first dance, but most people struggle trying to find the perfect song. If you don’t already have “your song,” we can help! Your first dance should hold meaning to you and yours. Contact us for suggestions, but ultimately it is your big day.
- Father/daughter dance:Traditionally, the father of the bride dances with his daughter on the dance floor after the first dance. It can be something personal or traditional, and if you need some song ideas, we’ve got them. Some couples also have a mother/son dance or simply integrate that into the father/daughter dance at the end.
- Reception music:Whether you pick all, most, or some of your dance music depends on how in control of the playlist you want to be. Even if you give your Band free rein, you should make a Do Not Play List — a list of songs that you really don’t want to hear for whatever reason. The music selection – Not the flowers-not the transportation-not the cake: THE entertainment is what you and guests is what WILL be remembered. Great variety is key – classics are classic for a reason – when delivered live with a great bands’ personal twist – it will sound as fresh as Bruno Mars’ newest hit. We suggest take a few hours and listen to a little of everything – Live music brings you in the moment. Add spontaneity-energy – interaction with you and guests… This is why the below is true for LIVE Music!!
After the Wedding:
- 72% of all brides say they would have spent more time choosing their reception entertainment.
- Almost 100% say they would have spent more of their budget on the entertainment.
- Brides say that during wedding planning, their highest priority was their attire, followed by the reception site and caterer – reception entertainment is among the least of their priorities. Within one week after their reception, 78% of Brides say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority!
- When asked 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the entertainment.